Why go furniture shopping with four children? Why not, I say? It is Sunday in January. The weather is poor - neither suffiently warm to frolick in the winter sun nor cold enough to make the ground solidly bleak - so lets go shopping when the stores only open at noon and Declan's nap starts at that same time. Believe it or not, it was fun.
I did enjoy looking at the entertainment units - but have come to the simple, yet expensive decision that custom is best (and in accordance with the designer's plan to match the kitchen island colour 'espresso' to the media unit).
However, not all was bust with our trip as the store was right next door to the kitchen appliance store. We need a few kitchen appliances - range hood, convection microwave, new dishwasher and a pantry fridge. Children hate appliance shopping. Appliance salespeople hate parents who shop with their young children. This store had thought of it all - and had its fabulous LG fridge, with flat panel built-in TV all hooked up. With the children keenly interested in the television on the fridge door showing Dora (a baby show, according to Kathleen), we were able to get the 20 minute run down of the necessary kitchen appliances.I might price shop to Sears, but then again - maybe I won't - that TV was a lifesaver for the shopping parent. However, still not sure why anyone would ever want one in their kitchen.
3 comments:
I was JUST lamenting about how we don't have a tv in our current kitchen and daydreaming about having that fridge with the built in tv. That's funny that you wrote a post about it. Actually we are on the same wavelength all around b/c I was discussing tv's for the living room with Travis and trying to determine how deep we would need to make the cabinet. Framing started on our house today. We are anticipating that we'll have it move-in ready by June. Surely you will be in your house by June!
Of course you want a tv in your fridge! Otherwise, you will miss key moments of Oprah while you go fetch those bon bons. Oh wait... we don't live that life. ;) Actually that looks really cool. People often have a little tv in the kitchen. This just saves you the counter space. I've always been of the mind to have a simpler fridge, however. Less stuff that can break, means less repairs.
Our big furniture store has fun "car" strollers and areas that serve free cookies. When we bought a new house, our kids loved shopping there.
Post a Comment