January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Well, we made it to 2008. I have to say, all is well in our little home.

I didn't make any resolutions, well except for this one - I will not be pregnant or give birth in 2008.

I have been
- 2001, got pregnant
- 2002, had a baby
- 2003, got pregnant
- 2004, had a baby
- 2005, got pregnant
- 2006, had a baby and also got pregnant (ooops)
- 2007, had a baby

So, I will repeat, I will not get pregnant or have a baby in 2008. I will admit I have these dreams (which I at times describe as nightmares) that we get a permanent male fix in place (working on scheduling!), then get pregnant with twins. Sometimes, I laugh at that prospect, but then sometimes I have to admit I think it would be fun to have just one more.

By the way, Jim goes back to work tomorrow. Without him helping around the house during the day with my gang home and a very cold cold front rolling through, I will probably retract the comment about fun tomorrow evening.

I will not get pregnant in 2008 (and repeat!!!)

2 comments:

Jana said...

Ha, ha! I have the same mantra! Way too much going on here for me to be pregnant and I only have 2! One of the things that has me so fired up for the new year is that I will be able to do things without the extra burden of a pregnancy or a newborn/infant. Still not ready for my dh to get fixed though either. If it was going to happen it would be 2009 but right now my hands are full to bursting and I think not!

Happy New Year! Cheers!

mi said...

For some reason, this one just strikes me as so hilarious!! (I really hope you are laughing too.) Stick with that resolution, lady!