Alright, I am going to complain. The lack of sleep is getting to me. I will admit it is now 11pm and I should be in bed but the last hour has provided me with the only time today that I haven't had the young chocolate point hanging off me, screaming beside me, or simply complaining about something. The child is lovely - but he won't sleep. From the time he got up this morning at 6:20 until I sat with him in the rocker at 8:30pm - he really hasn't slept for much more than 15 minutes (and that was in my arms). The transition to the crib was a disaster each and every time.
The poor child is exhausted and I am at the end of my extremely well-worn tether. In a last ditch effort, I took the kiddos outside this afternoon and pushed Seanie around in the buggy while the elder ones peddled their bikes. I was hoping to see that red car drive down the street as Jim came home from an appointment. I had hoped that would be early - maybe 5pm (glorious) but it didn't happen until past 6:30. I am exhausted.
I need this child to sleep. I need this child to sleep without being right beside me, or attached to me. I need this child to sleep in the crib as the queen bed just isn't cutting it anymore. I have no idea how to achieve this state.
Why won't he nap? How can I spend the better part of an afternoon trying to rock or to nurse him to sleep, trying to transfer him to a crib, even leaving him to scream for a few minutes because I couldn't take it any longer. I cannot have a child physically attached to me for the better part of fourteen hours each day. I am exhausted and am phsyically withering away. My other children do have needs that have been somewhat pushed aside because he is the little one (and well, the reno isn't helping). I have a few needs (maybe wants) - is a peaceful cup of coffee too much to ask, a meal where a child isn't nursed through most of it, an email to the contractor without being hunched over nursing and simulatnaeously typing (can you visualize?)
Seanie - please, oh please, think about sleeping. Last night was actually pretty good. The fact that you crawl out of your co-sleeper twice and nuzzle into me was rather cute. You are somewhat aggressive in making sure you get a great position beside me (I think you learned it from your friendly feline, Alvin.) However, sleeping for more than an hour or two would be wonderful. Sleeping with some personal space would be awesome - I am somewhat trapped between you, your father and the two cats - miserably compounded by the sagging mattress. Further, napping during the day with me more than 2 feet away would be extraordinarily liberating. I need some space, and I need some sleep.
Please, my boy, please please please - sleep
2 comments:
I feel your pain. Things are bad here too. Even if I wanted to, CIO isn't an option because it would wake up Andrew!
Oh hang in there! I pray for a restful night...for all of you!
Post a Comment