Not sure how long this will last, but I will take it for as long as it does.
For the past serveral weekends, and once again repeated yesterday on our homeday (and today for that matter), I have been able to get four kiddos in bed, at the same time for an afternoon nap. Four sleeping babies and one sleeping momma makes for a very pleasant afternoon and evening!
I have also adopted a new theory - lower ones expectations and think the counter-intuition is working very well. When I do lie down, I look at the clock and give myself 30 minutes before I think Deckie will awake (he is the most likely to awake from a slumber early, and unexpectedly). When I wake, and I have gotten one hour or even as much as over two hours, I am in heaven!
My plan is against all expert advice as I allow Sean to sleep chest-to-chest. Why do babes like that position so much? I am not inclined to change it - I move to the middle of the big bed and if by sheer chance he did 'fall' off my chest, how much damage could possible be done by a six inch tumble. The babe continues to sleep as I write. I somehow managed to swaddled the babe and placed him in his co-sleeper without distrubing his slumber.
1 comment:
Does indeed sound like heaven. Long may it last!!
Post a Comment