Remember this post from last year. Well, it seems I am reliving my 2006 life over again, but this time with a brown haired little guy instead of Deckles. Kathleen, Andrew and Sean (and me too of course) are going to Kelowna to visit my parents again - this time in August.
Four kiddos, alone, on the airplane is a bit much so we decided to leave Deckle-buster home with daddy for the week. He is also a bit difficult to supervise in a less than child-friendly backyard (think stone work, ornamental gardens and a small fish pond). He will also likely be in the midst of his graduation to the toddler room at school. Can you tell I have a bit of guilt about leaving my baby behind?
Other than the guilt, I am very excited about the trip. Kelowna is a beautiful place. Kathleen and Andrew are ecstatic to be going back to visit their Mimi and Poppi. I will also have more alone time with them as my mom will be able to care for Sean while we do outings on Poppi's boat or perhaps a daily trip to the swimming pool. I would love to get Andrew swimming. Kathleen goes to a two week swimming camp ending just before we leave for Kelowna so she should be a much better swimmer. Andrew was suppose to take lessons the week we were gone so this will be his substitute. We also have my brother, my SIL and my niece in Kelowna to visit (they just moved there a few months ago).
I have to admit, one my 'goals' of the trip is to go to the IHOP. When I visited my parents in early '06 in Palm Springs (Deckie and Kathleen on that trip), we went to IHOP almost every day. Toronto doesn't have an IHOP but Kelowna does (one of the few places in Canada, oddly enough). Kathleen has fond memories of the 'Happy Face' pancake from her trip to California as well as Kelowna last year (incredible memory on that kiddo) and has described them in detail to Andrew several times. I guess we all love pancakes.
Bless the airline - different one this year - we are a bit of a spectacle. Thank goodness it is a direct flight!
1 comment:
I enjoyed reading about last year's adventure, and am looking forward to this year's version! I'm sure it will go well. And try not to feel guilty about Declan. This will be such a lovely opportunity for him to have his daddy all to himself. Probably something that doesn't happen too often with three siblings!
Post a Comment