Went to bed about 20 minutes after Jim last night, only to find Kathleen and Andrew snoozing beside their father. Simple math, and a bit of common sense, confirms the obvious - two adults, a newborn, and two children do not fit in one queen size bed. Also, I cannot lift a slumbering Kathleen into the top bunk.
So, I just moved the Sean babe, the co-sleeper, the nighttime diaper stuff and other items to the bottom bunk (and vicinity). I even found a lamp with the appropriate 25 watt light bulb (much weaker light bulb for a less dramatic impact) in a lamp in Deckie's room. Other than having no idea of the time or how long I fed Sean in the night, we had a wonderful sleep. Sean was only up twice which I think is utterly fantastic.
Jim did mention this morning that he was crowded out by the other pair - I just say push back, you are bigger.
I have no issues repeating the sleeping arrangement again - comfy that bottom bunk!
1 comment:
Being that I am a Migratory Sleeper, I totally get that night time rearranging of all the necessary stuff. Glad you all slept well, despite the switch in beds!
Post a Comment