April 2, 2008

A different spectrum

I have been following the blog of Nate, Tricia and their baby girl Gwyneth for the past several months. Blogging opens the window on the vastly different lives people live. Nate, Trish's husband, has certainly been successful in that regard. I do believe he hasn't done for the ticker count (which is unbelievable) but because it raises awareness for cystic fibrosis and on the challenges of micro-preemies. I am also convinced it has given him something to do, something concrete, while spending hours at a hospital with both an infant daughter and a beloved wife seriously ill. Given I don't like the places, the idea of practically living at a hospital for over three months seems tedious.

Tonight, Tricia is getting her double lung transplant. I hope all we be spectacularly successful.

I am chasing my kiddos around, listening to Kathleen read her first 'level 6' book, convincing Seanie that eating out of the organic bin (ooops - forgot to put that one back) is a real poor choice, hoping Deckles goes for the foot-to-foot sleeping arrangement during story time and that Andrew bears with this arrangement. It is the lovely mundane of my family life.

Life isn't that mundane for Tricia tonight. As I was recounting Tricia's story tonight to Jim - he has heard little blips over the past several months - I did again re-iterate my desire for organ donation. Witnessing this miraculous gift certainly opens your eyes to the other side of tragedy.

Thinking too of the donor's family this evening.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I've been following too Ann. It's been an amazing journey for them and I'm so glad they have shared it with all of us.

Undomestic said...

My computer was down so I was a day...just a day...with the site. When I was back on, she had new lungs. It all happens so fast.