Was in a bit of a funk this past weekend. I think exhaustion is getting the better of me. Declan's sleeping habits are a bit off (he thankfully was only up three times last night - midnight, 2am and 5am), the hot weather and the long weekend entertaining made for a bit of a grump come Monday.
I think part of my problem is I am simply not consuming enough calories - not a bad problem to have - to sustain my frame and my 17lb. baby given the heighten activity required to play all day with the older pair. I am now almost 10lbs. less than my pre-pregnant weight and less than I weighed when I was married almost six years ago (not bad for a body battled by birthing three babies!). I am very proud of 140lbs. as my clothes have never fit better but the funk is a bit much to take. So, I am going to have to think about eating some more.
Believe it or not, I am not sure even how to go about eating more. What do I eat? In the heat of the summer, I don't eat many carbs - too heavy to digest. I am junk food junkie but worry about the kids diet - not their weight but their dietary habits. So, what else could we have - cheese, deli meats ...
As I sat here typing out options, it occurred to me - MILKSHAKES. I love ice cream, ice cream has a fair bit of protein (OK, and just a little bitty bit of sugar) and it is cold. What could be better for my enhanced diet? I will avoid those nasty surprises made by the likes of McDonalds and go straight to the pure source of goodness - the local independent burger joint.
The only problem - do you know how many calories I will expend just getting to the local burger joint with three kiddos. It would be a circus ... but oooh, milkshakes.
PS - another thought, can I make my own milkshakes - ice cream and milk right. Would be much cheaper and so much easier to buy mucho ice cream and blend it right here at home. Recipe at epicurious maybe? Any thoughts?
PS(2) - know I will regret this post in a few years after the ice cream addiction has added several pounds to this frame but it will suffice for the moment.
2 comments:
LOl good for your on lighter frame! and that after three kiddos...do you like bananas? If you do, one ripe banana, couple of scoops of ice cream and some milk (varies according to how thick you want it) blend it all together and you have a thick frothy rich healthy meal in a glass! And it is cold! It is a favourite summer drink in our house.
Also check out recipes for smoothies, there are lots of fruit/yogurt/ice cream and milk combinations out there
We make milkshakes and smoothies all the time. You can add protein powder to your own for some added oomph, just not for the kiddos.
I've started making strawberry milkshakes with all the fresh berries around here. Several large scoops vanilla ice cream, large handful berries, splash of milk (more if you want it runnier) and blend. Super easy, and so yummy. Andrew LOVES it, no surprise!
Way to go on the weight loss, but yes, sounds like you could use some more calories. Now that Declan is eating solids too, maybe the weight loss will taper off. Wish I had that problem, LOL!
Post a Comment