For any non-golfies, that would be 1 'Green in Regulation' - the highlight of my golf round. I am obviously not a golfie either. I hit the links, only a 9 hole put-put (aka 'executive' course), with my golfie husband yesterday at my parents' place. The parents kept the children during naptime. (I am happy to announce they slept the entire two and half hours.) I haven't golfed since Kate was about 9 months old. I sucked then and still suck now so not certain anymore practice would have helped my pathetic game.
We didn't keep score. That decision was certainly facilitated by the lack of pencil in the golf cart. It is difficult enough for me to remember the number of shots each hole, little alone the number of shots across all nine holes.
While I absolutely love being a parent to my three little ones, parenting isn't always a bucket of laughs or a giggle fest of pure fun. I can, however, honestly say, I had fun golfing. Husband and I did talk about the kiddos but in general, as it is common with our personalities, we simply talked golf or let time pass in silence. I laughed at my bad shots while my really really good golfing husband (5 handicap for those in the know) would offer up very helpful but not nagging hints. (I know you read this ... so many many thanks. I still can't believe I held the putter backwards - ooops!) I didn't get sunburnt. And, I still had a bit of energy after the measly 9 holes; I find 18 holes too exhausting as I have to swing so many times.
So - to my one green in regulation.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment