Having a hard time just letting this go.
I have left a message for the local dentist. I will also call my Pediatrician in the morning for additional guidance.
Basic quick googles suggest the bad teeth will need to come out and that retainers aren't that well accepted by the young crowd. The internet sites also suggest that the parents typcially have a much much harder time with the absence of teeth than the kidlets. One tooth would upset me, but four teeth for another 4 or 5 years seems a bit much for such a simple mishap.
I am staying home tomorrow - I need to go to the appointments to hear the options, be with the poor little guy and to simply recover.
I don't handle teeth well - as you can see, Deckles seems to be doing much better than me.
Off to dose up the Motrin and codeine.

5 comments:
Ohh! Poor Ann and poor Declan! I'm finally used to Leo's missing tooth, but I still mourn his baby mouth. I hope the dentist has some not-horrible news in the morning.
Oh Ann let us know what the dentist has to say. I think you should take a sip of motrin too ;-p or at least a glass of red then. That little face does look a bit sore even if he does not seem to mind it too much.
Yes, let us know what the dentist says! He does look like he got between a hockey puck and the goal, he must have some seriously strong jaws to have chomped hard enough (with the help of the falling chair and gravity) to cause all of that damage. He seems no worse for the wear though.
Love the haircuts too!
Oh man, the poor wee fella. And poor momma too! His mouth looks very painful and beat-up.
It's pretty different from what we went through with Andrew, so I'm not sure what help I can be. Andrew had extensive decay in his top four front teeth, so they were wrapped in stainless steel and capped with white on the fronts. They never pulled any teeth or anything.
I know Jenn B. (Parenting without a Licence) recently went through this with one of her daughter's teeth, so you might ask her. Keep us posted.
What a mess! Poor little Deckles, as that had to have hurt so bad. Poor Momma for having to now deal with it! I hope you get good news regarding the 3 questionable teeth, and that pulling the confirmed impacted tooth isn't too hard on him. Yay for Poppa coming to visit! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment