November 25, 2008

Told myself not to obsess

So, I won't, I promise. Or at least won't obsess too much.

The Canadian medical system was shinning down on me brightly this week. My MRI to determine the cause (or at least eliminate a possible cause) for this mildly not-hearing-so-well, ringing-in-the-season ear has been scheduled for tomorrow. The doctor originally told me 4-6 weeks, and I got 8 days. Even if you go to the wait list for the Toronto General, it is even more than 6 weeks. I am so lucky and thankful to get this part behind me.

My guess, most people don't want to have a MRI at 11:15pm - so the time slot isn't well sought out by everyone. 'Hey honey, good night - just getting on the subway to go get my head magnetized. I will be home in a few hours, hopefully before 2am! I promise to be quiet when I get in to not wake up the babies.' Gander not too popular.

I won't be taking the subway home at midnight - will splurge for a cab.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Good luck! Wonder when you will get the results in?

cg said...

Yip good luck on having your head read in the middle of night ;-p keep us updated when you know more. WIll be thinking of you

KC said...

Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you!

mi said...

Funny- when I needed a repeat MRI on my foot a couple years ago, I opted for a late night appt as well. It was so peaceful despite the noice, that with headphones, a blanket and pillow I slept through the entire thing!