November 29, 2008

Saturday stuff

I bought toilet paper on sale today. I have begun frequenting the 'No Frills' down the street from the house. The prices are cheaper - 10c or 15c cheaper per can good, the bananas are better priced and they seem to have more wicked sales. Today, it appeared to be toilet paper, the 'inflation buster' sale. I bought the 40 single rolls of toilet paper, a big name brand - but really have no clue if it is cheaper or not. If not, I wasn't the only gullible one in the store, many carts seem to have two big packets of toilet paper.

We took the little ones to the park today. We took the long way, via the gas station because we weren't in a rush. We even ran into one of Jim's golf friends who at first wonder where we might have stashed the kiddos. The yelling started soon thereafter. He joked that they didn't like the prospect of going to Tim Horton's -- they had gotten accustomed to SBUX.

We ran into another golf friend with family in tow at the local park. We rarely see this family in the neighbourhood, but we always run into them at the park. We were the only two families at the park. The weather was crisp to say the least but without any wind, it was manageable. Jim and I joked on the way home that only families of 3+ venture to the park on Saturday morning - it is way too insane to just stay home, the cold park has to be a better idea.

These McCain cakes were great when I was growing up. My father loved them - and as I remember it we had them quite often. Either the quality of the cake has diminished greatly since my teenage years, or my taste buds have simply moved on to better, fresher (and trans fat free) baked goods. Those cakes suck (sorry, Dad).

No comments: