November 14, 2008

Back off family ...

Almost didn't come up with a post tonight. I am very tired, just rocked Seanie to sleep - his fever is gone again, thanks to a dose moitrin but he is congested while lying down so is a bit off his game, and snuffly.

Ever since I can remember, my children have all learned to mimic brushing their hair using my toothbrush. I am not sure exactly why - but when Jim blow dries the little ones hair after showers or baths, they nab my toothbrush to help out in the process. Of course, it isn't Jim's tooth brush - just mine.

Now that the children do more of their tooth brushing unassisted, and seem to be able to lose the various different tooth brushes we buy for them, my tooth brush becomes command central. As I was inching my way to bed tonight, I had to seek out my toothbrush - it was missing from my side of the sink, it was missing from my cup, it was even missing from my drawer. I found it - in Jim's cup, with kiddo flavoured, heavily pink toothpaste still appended.

Is it too much to ask, leave my toothbrush alone - it is mine, mine, mine.

Good night and sleep tight.

No comments: