November 13, 2008

Sometimes, you just don't think so clearly

Seanie is a bit under the weather - well, I think we are hitting day 4 of fevers. He is not a happy boy. With a fever under control, he seems somewhat cheerful, but the fevers just keep coming back despite the moitrin vs tempra scheduling. I think we should give it one more night before we contemplate the walk-in clinic. I do believe he is fighting a virus and this too shall pass. This type of routine is very typical with our little ones - repeated high fevers.

The other night I was up with the little man in the wee hours. I was rubbing his back while leaning over the crib rail. He was slowly settling as his fever was coming down (moitrin is amazing). However, I had leapt up from bed when I heard him whimper (it was a whimper that said come quickly) that I was now poorly clad, in a cold house, in the middle of the night, with a desperate need to use the facilities. I had had a huge mug of mint tea before bed.

My options were somewhat limited - leave the almost settled baby to use the bathroom which would result in an awake and unhappy baby or wait it out, doing a very quiet pee pee dance as I hung over the crib rail.

I did wait it out - but I will admit, I momentarily contemplated another option, a spare diaper, but even my clouded mind thought poorly of the idea. Sometimes, the mind is driven a bit too far to the unreasonable.

I am hoping the boy feels better tonight (and sleeps better). Jim was up with him several times last night - and both those boys are very very tired.

4 comments:

cg said...

heeeeheeeeehe that is so funny - I can totally see that a mom could be driven to dipers, but waking a nearly settled baby. Never ;-)

Jana said...

I have so been there with the being cold and needing to pee but soothing the baby and what do you do... Hope he feels better soon!

jaynerama said...

I would totally have used a diaper!

mi said...

Too funny...oh how we all relate. I hope your little guy is feeling better.