So, because it really is about the only thing happening these days - me, me, me!!!
The doctor's office phoned this morning to schedule a follow-up appointment and to discuss results. It will be December 11th.
Of course, they won't give any results over the phone. I did ask if I should bring my husband. I had hoped to get a response which would provide guidance - perhaps, the MRI is clear so this is a final appointment. I certainly don't want to waste his time (or bore him endlessly) by taking him to a routine appointment. Doctor's appointments are tremendously tedious, especially the endless waiting, for the participant, I would hate to make him go to a routine appointment just to say the MRI was clear and will follow my hearing loss in 6 months!
Either way, they said I should pick a date so I could bring my husband as the doctor would like to discuss the results of the MRI. I, of course, kept the earliest date available as Jim will just switch up his schedule to attend. I have now pretty much freaked out and put myself into a bit of a tailspin. Do you think they would actually say on the phone that the MRI was clean, or is there really something there?
I ended up leaving work early. I had a tension headache - self-induced, I realize - and couldn't focus on any mundane task work could possible present. (I am starting a new project - disaster planning, not my favourite topic.)
It didn't help that HR circulated a note about conjunctivitis, highlighting my department had two cases and that the infected ones should leave work, go to a walk-in and get antibiotic drops. It pissed me off because it isn't sound medical advice and I think inappropriate for HR to provide such guidance - so that wasn't helping my head either.
(Oh, guess I should say I am one of the infected! Red scratchy eyes - I even have a droopy eye on the left side - very odd looking.)
3 comments:
Ok, I think the person who called you probably has no idea what your MRI results are. That person would be the scheduler, right? Not the technician, and not the doctor.
So, I think it's most likely that they told you to bring Jim just in case the results showed something serious, but they really have no idea.
When's the appt?
ok, my only experience with Cdn healthcare was a story related by my best friend, who freaked out because (after a m/c) could not be told over the phone that her bloodworks came back ok. She had to go see the dr. and that was five days away. She lived in agony as she was worried she lost that pregnancy too. Everything was 100%.
It is part of your privacy laws, the person making the appointment has NO idea what the results are. SO try to not obsess about it. We will be thinking about you and blog away about yourself, we read with interst and we care.
I think that if there were something really serious to tell you, they would get you in much sooner. Since your appointment was a few days out, seems to me all will be ok. They probably said to bring Jim simply to have another person listening and asking a questions, or in case you are the type of patient who is overly nervous with medical staff. (Not saying you are, but they probably take it into consideration.) It must be terribly nerve wracking to wait, but I think that fact that they are making you wait, could be comforting?
Post a Comment