February 18, 2008

We have got a loose tooth!

Kathleen came into the kitchen yesterday in tears. Her tooth is loose and she was very worried about it. It is one of the little front bottom teeth, and is very loose.

Our niece (and her family were over to celebrate the new holiday, Family Day), who is seven, was assigned the responsibility of discussing the prospects of a loose, and ultimately lost tooth. It helped Kathleen. I was a wreck. I am not sure if it is the prospect that my little one is growing up or anything tooth-related gives me the creeps. I swear watching that tooth rock made me queezy. I did tear up thinking about my little baby with big girl teeth.

We said we would take a picture pre-loss and another one once it has taken its tumble. It will change her little face forever!

PS. - Anyone have ideas on the going rate for the tooth fairy these days. My rates are probably a bit behind the times.

5 comments:

Undomestic said...

My neighbor's son lost his two top and two bottom teeth in one week! He looked hilarious! With Cameron's two bottom teeth gone, he sounds funny. I'm sure Kathleen will look adorable!

Arwen said...

I don't really know the going rate... but a little girl in my Girl Scout troop told us she got $5 when she lost her first tooth. Her mom kind of blushed and mumbled something about the Tooth Fairy paying extra because she didn't come the first night... I'll ask around and report back. I might go ahead and give her that much so she can buy some Hannah Montana junk without it looking like I'm "spoiling" her...

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but the going rate around here is $5.00 a tooth also.

Anonymous said...

I'd say $5 for the first tooth and $2 for every tooth after that. The first one is that much more special!

Arwen said...

So far I've gotten a 50/50 split... some say $5 and the others say $1. The ones who say $1 tend to be older mothers (40s with first child) and those who say $5 tend to be in their 20s and 30s...