Yesterday, it was suppose to be Kathleen's first skating day with her kindergarten class. It was cancelled because of balmy weather (7C) and rain. I won't even get into the idea of taking 20 4 and 5 year olds skating at the local rink, but kuddos to the teacher (and the parent volunteers) for planning the event. We have two more skating dates. Kathleen has been taking skating lessons since September so we own the gear (but did buy a new pair of skates on Monday because her older pair are now too small).
Today, we received about 4 inches of snow, and the weather forecast is calling for freezing rain, ice pellets and more snow. Buses are cancelled in our district but the schools remain open. Jim walked to the subway so as not to take our snow-tireless cars out on bad roads filled with really bad drivers so I am home with the entire gang (Deckles already had a home day.) I don't feel like taking four kiddos out on the sled today so I think Kathleen will stay home. (I might decide in the next couple of minutes to phone my neighbour and ask if she will walk the babe to school - and I will do pick-up in a few hours.)
Kathleen knew all about Groundhog Day and was very excited to hear that Wiarton Willy (the Cdn version of the groundhog) didn't see his shadow on Saturday. Thus, we are expecting an early spring. Since it appears he is only correct about 37% of the time (yes, someone tracks this stuff), I don't put much confidence in the arrival of spring.
Weird weather.
1 comment:
Hey there,
Do you have my email address? I don't have yours at home. Starting to plan our Toronto trip so wanted to discuss!!
btw- Posts like this make me wonder how you do it with those four little ones. Not because they aren't delightful, but because there are just so many moving parts to your day. Kudos.
Post a Comment