I was speaking to my contractor this morning - I speak to my contractor every day so that in itself isn't unusual. After meeting with the designer yesterday (she calls me her most organized client ... how untrue, or how bad for those other people!), I was ready to set some of my kitchen stuff in stone, in more ways than one. Nevertheless, I thought I best ask the contractor when I should tell the kitchen contractor to think about final measurements and INSTALLATION. The contractor said end of April .... yipee!!! I am further buoyed by the scheduling of a building code inspector for today to review the plumbing, heating and framing.
When I last met the kitchen dude, and the contractor together, the contractor mentioned an end of May install for the 'corpses' (again, the not-so-technical term of the skeleton of the cabinets). I was a bit disappointed (I refused to get overwhelmed by anything renovation) at that timeline since I am due back at work in early June.
I told the kitchen contractor - he is going to rejig his production schedule and aim for that date.
By my calculation - kitchen cabinet insall followed by last sanding/staining of wood floors, schedule the countertop fabricator, finishing painting touches, last bit of carpet and then the movers! End of May here I come ... with a few footnotes for possible delays.
If you are interested, my kitchen will be ...
- white with a brown hue (Dune White - BM CC-50 to be specific) around the contour
- the island will be an espresso stain
- the white cabinets will be topped with a Ceasarstone counter top in Espresso
- the espresso island will have a Ceasartstone counter top in Latte
- library pulls on the drawers, and handles on the cabinets (no one-screw pulls in this house)
- two dishwasher (I am really excited about this)
- a 'built-in' fridge - which isn't at all built-in - just a big honking Kenmore french door fridge (huge, and already owned) - but the cabinets will be built out from their standard depths
- a real vent hood (so exciting)
- a medium to dark brown oak floor, finished on-site to ensure no undesirables can get between the grooves
- pot light and undercoutner lighting has been detailed to the electrician
- the island lights can be ordered from Restoration Hardware (yes, they do ship to Canada, with a bit of a surcharge)
I am so excited that I think I am done with all the kitchen decisions. I am still a bit reluctant on the glass fronted cabinets (very difficult to keep organized) but we will get there.
The laundry room ... whole other story, but don't ever let even the nicest and most capable architect and your contractor think about the proper pairing of either the washer/tub or washer/dryer - they don't get laundry!!!
1 comment:
Hi ya Ann! I've never left a comment on your blog before so I thought I would. Glad to hear the reno is going well. Makes me think long and hard about building a brand new house from scratch or trying to fix up one. We'll be facing that decision next year when DH retires.
SherryAA
Post a Comment