February 22, 2008

Ever wonder

when you see that little snow boot lying on the road, how it ever got there? I always have. Thought, what silly parent could possibly lose a boot and not notice? We did (and no, I am not calling my husband silly). Somewhere between daycare and the car lot, we lost one of Andrew's boots. Andrew and Jim have this routine that Andrew rides on the step of the Pliko stroller, and Jim puts the clothing and boots (Andrew wears his shoes to the car) in the seat. (Jim says it does trigger a few smiles as he races from the car lot to daycare with Andrew hanging on to the back of an otherwise empty stroller, beaming!) Jim backtracked to see if he could find the missing boot, and nope. It doesn't help that it was a hand-me-down boot from a cousin and has a different last name written on the tab.

The good news - last year's boots still fit. I went to the mall with three of the four yesterday (and to the book store, the grocery store and the swimming pool) and had his foot measured on one of the photocopier foot measuring machines at the fancy kids shoe shops - he still can wear that old size 10 boot for the rest of the winter. Four weeks????? I can only hope!

No comments: