February 24, 2008

Thank you Bell Canada!

We have had endless issues with our internet and phone service since September when we moved to this rental. I have phoned 310-BELL so many times, and now know how to jump ahead of their beloved Emily to get to where we need to go. Five months later, one week after we had the 'fix-to-fix all fixes, I will switch to cable internet if you don't', we have no phone services - no dial-tone. [Yes, Bell, all my phones are filtered, double filtered in some places. Yes, I tried my phones in a different jack - and no they don't work. Yes, the phone is actually plugged into the wall.]

Weird thing, our telephone based internet from Bell is working just fine - well, it is supposedly super-speed internet (a gift they said) but I can internet faster on the wireless access I 'borrow' from my neighbours (thank you, who ever you are ... you really should password protect your system!) when using the laptop.

I did phone twice on Friday to speak to a customer service rep to issue a complaint. I was either hung up on twice, or I hit the wrong button on my competitor cell phone. I think it might be the later. They of course can't phone me back because my phone doesn't work.

We do have a tech coming today - 2 day wait, and a service time range of 8:30am-5pm. Such service!!!!

We did have a Bell technician over a week ago (yes, only one week ago) to determine why our phone line had such static. After all my calls, and all the visits from the internet technicians, this telephone technician said we had water on our line which was causing the static. He did some handy-dandy finger work at the various terminals and switched all of our lines over. The static, finally, after five long months of complaints from my contractor who couldn't hear me on the phone, disappeared! I somehow think static is better than no telephone service at all.

It started getting complicated when one of our neighbours (a fellow husband golfing buddy) came over on Wednesday to say his telephone was inexplicably down and could he borrow our phone (his cell was battery dead). His technical follow-up was on Friday ... hmmm, and my phone went dead around the same time. You have to wonder.

So, I should go turn on my cell phone to see when this technican might be coming to fix our phone.

In the meantime, it has been wonderful to have no telephones ringing. We mainly have telemarketers phone so I have no guilt about not answering their calls. To my family - sorry about that - we are just fine. Thank goodness I am not pregnant or they would have sent my relatives over to check on us (yes, they have done that - got to love them!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.