Home again today. I did phone the school and tell them of Kathleen's absence (I assumed I was suppose to do that but have chosen not to do it previously). I am feeling a bit like a goof for keeping her home - didn't send Deckles and Andrew to school because of bad roads (Jim took public transit), and then didn't feel like taking four kiddos out in very cold weather (arguable, according to Jim), on a sled, on unshoveled sidewalks for 2.5 hours of kindergarten. It would take me 20 minutes to get them dressed, 20 minutes to school, 20 minutes home, a lot of effort to pull that sled ... a break of less than 2 hours, and then repeat. Not worth it.
We will go outside to play on the snow drift because, well, going outside is good for everyone!
1 comment:
Sending you warm thoughts from sunny Texas. My husband is actually in Wisconsin this week experiencing the winter snow first hand. I hope it doesn't hold up his travels home tomorrow though. It took him 17 hours to get there on Sunday, his flight from Chicago to Green Bay was postponed 4 times!
Post a Comment