Well, guess in the past 18 months this family has made little to no progress discussing faith and Christianity. I originally was questioning explaining faith to the less initiated over a year ago to Kathleen.
By culture, Jim and I fall into the broad category of Christians. I was brought up Catholic - girl's Catholic school and morning prayers. Jim was brought up as one of the 'other' Christian faiths - not even sure which Anglican, Presbyterian or United. Regardless, it isn't a large part of our lives.
It becomes rather obvious when your four year old proclaims that it must be 'sad that Jesus' birthday is on Christmas.' Ooops, I think that comment went to my mom who remains a practicing Catholic, and once weekly reader at her church. We did otherwise explain the situation, but somehow we must get the basics into the family.
Nevertheless, kudos to the public school system. Andrew came home with his holiday season song to the tune of 'We wish you a merry Christmas' - but it includes Kwanzaa, Hanukkah and Ramadan as part of the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment