December 22, 2008

Welcome to a new nephew

My husband's brother and wife had a baby today - a little one named Colin. Colin joins his older sister Sarah. When I was rocking Seanie to sleep tonight, I was contemplating the idea of a newborn baby, and simply can't imagine it. I loved being pregnant, I loved the idea of natural childbirth as the experience with Declan and Seanie was so positive ... however, the idea of a newborn baby, of nursing a newborn baby, of changing a diaper of a newborn baby in the middle of the night, the crying, the utter dependence - Just couldn't do it again.

They always say you will know when you are done, I just know I am so so so so done.

Amazingly, it isn't the fourth babe that put me at the limit as Seanie is an adorable dark haired (and dark eyed) funny little guy that just fits into this crowd. I also believe, and tell Kate and Andrew all the time, that my babies were all stars in the sky, I was given my four little stars when I was just a little girl. It just happened that Kate was the first star delivered, and Seanie the last - it could have easily been a completely different order. Alright, that is my story, passed down by my mom. I just know that four kiddos was the gift offered to me.

So, welcome baby Colin. You have joined a pretty cool family, and a pretty neat extended family. You are the baby, and probably will be the last of the clan - so welcome little man.

No comments: