I feel so much better tonight - I am not the only one who thinks their faucets in their bathroom are too classic a style to match the more modern edged vanity. One of the moms at daycare is also reno'ing their house - and her first comment, the vanity is too modern, and the faucet too classic.
I have laid awake several times in the past few months fretting about the faucet style, the vanity design and the tile choice. They don't exactly mesh - one is a little too classic, and one is a little modern, and well, one is just kind of cool. I think it is all now installed, so we just have to see how it looks ... because it won't be changed now!!!!
Maybe if changed up the pulls????
The components if you are interested ...
Vanity

Faucet

Tile
** for the record, it is hard to change the bathroom hardware once the shower valves are installed in the walls. You are kind of stuck with what you bought BEFORE you picked the vanity. Live and learn!
2 comments:
What brand are the faucets? Some of them are interchangeable. We went with Moen for that reason. We didn't have to make a final decision when the valves were installed, you could use any style with it. You might check into that. I think the hardware is very modern so if you stayed with the faucets, you could change the pulls down the road. The tile and vanity look great together though. All in all it has an eclectic style that could very well work when all is said and done. Get some sleep!
Was about to say the same as Jana - change the vanity pulls, etc. to a more classic style if it bugs you. The vanity itself, minus the pulls and faucet, etc is quite transitional - could go either way. I remember you showed me all this stuff months ago, and I can't believe it's finally installed, and you are still thinking about it! LOL, Can't wait to see the end result.
Post a Comment