June 22, 2008

For the love of packing!

It has begun - the packing escapades to get us back to the old house. We kept several of the boxes from the September move in the garage. It has taken no time to get the new tape gun running and re-creating the broken down boxes. I am still in the organized packing mode - trying to find all the pieces to certain toys. I have found almost all the peg puzzle pieces, all the shape sorter toys, the stacking ring toys and packed them away. I even have a small box of 'oops, that should have gone in a different box' to be carefully packaged so those items will find their mates at the other end. Almost all of the kiddos' books have been boxed up. The photos have been carefully wrapped in with all the extra linen items, and appropriately marked on the box.

It is incredible when you even just skim the surface of your home and package away some of the 'junk' you own - it will be just so much harder for the kiddos to make a mess when they have lost probably 50% of their goodies. I also find it tremendously gratifying to pitch items I find at the back of the bookshelf or the bottom of the toy bin that is not longer useful to us - so either shuffled to the garbage bag or to the goodwill box.

Seanie is much more difficult to pack around then he was 10 months ago. Jim had the tape gun in the basement, so my boxes on the second floor have yet to be sealed - and Seanie knows it. That boy can flip the lids in no time and sort through the various items (books seem to be his favourite). I should stop blogging and go tape up those boxes as he will have a hay day tomorrow making a mess.

Ten days and counting - and not a toilet on site (or in sight!) at the house, and barely a dent in the packing, and a husband on the east coast for 2 days, and a wife that works full time, and four kiddos with tremendous skill to make a disaster!!!!

Wish us luck.

1 comment:

Jen H. said...

OMG woman, you amaze me. I can't imagine trying to get anything accomplished AT ALL with Cameron around right now, let alone pack, move, work fulltime and with three other kidlets in tow. When do we get to see pics of the reno??