June 29, 2008

Packing tales, continued

Introducing, Seanie the bestest unpacker on the block.

This cupboard is normally, filled with kiddos' plates, sippies and bottles - all otherwise scattered about.



Having fun pulling out the food wrap cupboard!


Packing is continuing. I have to admit the 'new' house looks tremendous - it is better than anything I could have imagined. The master bath looks just fine - even with its modern pulls, the faucets have yet to be installed - so still a bit premature. I am still not certain the tap will actually fit (very small space) on the bathtub so that might be the next sequel!

The paint looks tremendous - we chose a lot of yellow familied paints - so hopefully we will like it all at the end. I guess in the dreary evenings (and days) of Toronto's winter, the yellow will be the proverbial ray of sunshine.

The landscaper, in all his odd opinionated discourse, has done an incredible job on our previous disaster of a backyard. The kiddos' sandbox has been meausured out - and should be installed later this week. The fence, though, is up and the deck is half finished. Deckles cannot be a flight risk in this new backyard.

We are still missing a lot of stuff - nary a toilet or running water can be seen. I am not certain the house has any telephone or cable hook-ups as of yet. Andrew's blue room is rather purple (not sure how that happened). We don't have any doornobs on any doors, no mirrors, no bathroom (or well any) light fixture in the house. We move in four days. I think I forgot to confirm drap fabrics with the designer woman, so not sure we will have curtains come Thursday either. I have to remember to phone her tomorrow! I dearly hope the contractor has remember to book our 'appliance installer' otherwise we will have a few fridges, two dishwashers, one stove, one dryer and one washer on the premise, but without hook-up.

The packing is going rather well - helps half of our belongings never made it to this house (went to storage) but it is incredible the sheer volume of junk we own. I sent Jim over to the other house with four garbage bags (our driveway still hosts a lovely industrial-sized garbage bin) and will likely send him forth with a few more before the week is out.

Kathleen is helping with the packing - Andrew and Deckles not so much, Seanie is a negative packing effort, but at least does most of it with a big smile.

Need to pay some bills, and pack another box before bedtime. Off to work tomorrow and Wednesday, packing on Canada Day - and then on 'vacation' for the big move! Wish us luck - I was starting to feel a tad overwhelmed while making dinner (pre-cooked chicken) so am wondering how I will make it through the week.

1 comment:

Undomestic said...

Adorable pics of Seanie. Good luck with the packing!