March 15, 2008

Can I just say that my 2-year old ...

... is cute, sweet and bright! And, no I am not at all biased.

Deckles amazes me - and makes me laugh - in addition to his has half a haircut from misadventures this morning at his (7:30am - why do I this to my dh) appointment.

He was sitting on Jim's lap after dinner this evening after finding Max (or Monty's) truck bed, but without the Max (or Monty). Jim explained what the piece was. Then, while Jim was (well, actually still is) putting all four children to bed, Declan found the bedless Max (or Monty) and came to seek out the bucket. [For the Thomas uninitiated, Max and Monty are two troublesome dump trucks.] I am amazed he put the location together and sought out the other piece. Good boy Deckles.

He is also a polite boy. He is always saying thank you, in his exceptionally clear voice. Today, Jim put him in the stroller and he clearly uttered his common thank you - to the amazement of another parent. His ability to say thank you (and well, sorry) is remarkable.

Deckles - you make me a happy parent.

Well - off to help out poor Jim upstairs with four kiddos, some not quite as pleased as Deckles.

No comments: