December 22, 2007

Good things come to those who ...

are disorganized.

I lost my drivers' licence and my credit card a few weeks ago. To be honest, it must have been at least two weeks ago, but perhaps three weeks ago. I remember having it when I got my new watch refitted at the jewellers. I only had a credit card and drivers licence, and no cash - so the jewellers didn't charge me the $5 to fix the sizing of my watch.

With the babe in tow, I don't ever have a purse with me - I use my back pocekt. I know a bad idea but I would most definitely forget my purse (I have done that twice in the past few years - always with our passports in my purse while travelling.)

I was certain it was in the house. How do I know that - well, I found the credit card I 'lost' at the end of October in a infrequently used pair of pants after cancelling the credit card. I lose things. I had this whole run a few years back when I lost my bank card several times in a few months span - lost, forgot in the bank machine, taken by the bank machine for no apparent reason - it happens.

Well - after my morning shower where I contemplated the drive home from relatives over the holidays, I decided to launch yet another house-wide search for the delinquent credit card and drivers' licence. I somehow get the driving home responsibilities (why is that????) but thought driving home, without a drivers' licence on the holidays with the RIDE programs in full-swing likely wasn't a great idea.

Wouldn't you know - right out there on the banister was that lost licence, credit card, watch link and Kathleen's health card (didn't know I had lost that one!)

I can only wonder where it has been. I was going to cancel the credit card today but I am glad to have my favourite credit card (and drivers' licence) back in action.

3 comments:

Jana said...

I too recently misplaced my favorite credit card. After about a week, I called and canceled it and had new ones sent out. I just found it a few days ago in my regular purse in the back of my van. I had switched for a party and left my credit card lose in the old one. What a mess my forgetfullness has caused! I didn't even think about how my gym membership, cleaning service, netflix, etc. are tied to that one card! Oh, geez... Glad you found yours!

Undomestic said...

I do this stuff ALL THE TIME! But isn't it a great "high" when you do finally find it!

mi said...

Same boat here. I've lost 2 cell phones this month. It feels like I am totally losing my mind, like little gremlins are just grabbing things out of my purse. Yikes!