December 20, 2007

Hmmm, picture take two!

I have been mulling the curb appeal of our old babe for the past several months (well, actually since we bought her). It is key to have a purdy house to match what will be a great reno when it is all done. I fussed over the window colour - only so many to choose from the window manufacturer. I have seen the colour in the factory but not outside yet. The decision is behind me and I am now waiting to see the windows arrive.

However, the colour for the big front windows remains undecided (the new front windows were only primed because I couldn't decide and the trim is more important than the windows) so I get to still stress over the decision (because I can!). So, to help me along the way, Kathleen and I painted a big old piece of Bristol board this week and I took pictures of it in front of the house. It is a 'gray' colour (Copley Gray) but it looks very taupe. I played with the colour and with some of the other neighbourhood houses. And, within the free Windows paint application - this is my end result! I am shocked at what a little bit of painting and a bit of idea stealing from other homes can do to your own house (on the fly on a free application)!

Before


After

No comments: