Sean turned four months old yesterday - how is that possible. My last little baby is looking and acting less and less like a little one each day. I am, as Kathleen would put it, happy-sad as I watch him grow.
Pictures to follow - but man, does this kid have hair. We can't go out anywhere without someone commenting on his hair, which is, of course, uttered simultaneously with the comment about four little ones. I don't want to get his hair cut because I am sure a haircut will make him look so much like a little boy and not my baby but it is getting very long. I have created a bit of a memorial of the long hair with his passport picture taken last week. I intentionally did nothing to tame his mane so he is looking pretty darn wild with his long, dark brown hair - standing straight up!
Sean is also shockingly easy. His sleep habits put almost everyone in the house to shame. He typically goes down a bit later (10pm tonight) than the rest of the crowd but he should be down for the count until well past 6am. He somehow slept through until 8am on Saturday morning - and was the last kid up. It is odd how this child can sleep so soundly. He spends most of his day awake, and happy before his after-lunch nap - which today was about four hours. Kathleen was our easy baby, but Sean seems to be stealing the limelight quickly.
Either we forget quickly, or perhaps Sean is our most alert and talkative little soul. He can sit at the table on my lap and have entire conversations with Jim across the way. Sean can contort his face and make a wide variety of sounds. He also holds eye contact, from long distances. Kathleen and Sean seem to have this special approach to conversations that makes one heck of a lot of noise.
Deckie seems to enjoy having a babe in the house - he can say 'Baby Seanie' with incredible clarity. Deckie is also very concerned whenever the boy starts to cry 'Baby crying'. When Sean was down for his extraordinarily long nap today, Deckie became quite concerned with his whereabouts. These kiddos are cute.
I did start outsorting all of Sean's clothing. He has firmly graduated to the 6-12 month clothes (the boy is very long). I am hoping a cousin with a baby boy due in November will want my baby clothes (and other paraphernalia). Otherwise, I will make a trip to Goodwill or give to my daycare for one of their outreach programs this week. I think it will be very difficult to get rid of baby clothes when your last little babe isn't a babe anymore. I already long for some of the baby sleepers - and he is only four months old.
1 comment:
My how that sweet, precious infancy passes in blur. Each day brings new fun expressions, sounds, etc.. yet brings on a maturity that defies a sentimental mommy. **sigh**
Post a Comment