October 8, 2007

Random picks

Watching the Dallas/Buffalo game tonight - I have $900 of some NFL pool riding on my choices. It isn't looking good. Double whammy - Dallas was our Survivor Pick too!

Jim (and I) have been participating in this pool for the past two years. By the end of the season, it is part torture to get our picks in on Sunday morning before the cut-off. Can you tell how keen I am on football?

I picked the games yesterday - choose the random button and then modified a few choices. I haven't looked at the spreads since last season so almost felt the need to phone the husband to get clarity on what they meant. I decided to otherwise persevere ... and alas, we either win $900 (for 11 games picked) or $85.

Alright - also, how is it that it is sooooo hot. With the heat index, it was something like 100 degrees today (40C). I wasn't concerned a few weeks ago when the AC in the townhouse wouldn't work because how needs A/C in Toronto in October??? I am sweltering. Our bedroom is over 85F.

Go Dallas Go!

PS ... giving up on the game, too tired and too hot - off to bed. Still have my fingers crossed for $900 (unlikely but still possible)

1 comment:

AmyRobynne said...

What will you be doing with your winnings? :) Go you!