
Husband bought a coin sorter a few months ago on one of the Costco runs. I think he mentioned something like it would be fun for the kids to sort coins and would save us the 10% give-up at the grocery store coin sorting stations. I thought - dirty coins, $70 coin sorter = clutter, 3 and 5 year olds have limited attention spans and don't count money very well, 19 month olds eat coins and who gives a damn about the 10% (we probably waste that each week because I can't keep our lives in order). Worse part, I would be the one operating said coin sorter.
Alas, I was correct (hind sight is 20/20 I admit):
- Deckie does eat the coins, wet slobbery coins
- Andrew put in too many coins and jammed the thing solid
- Deckie lost part of it (well, I am blaming him as no one can find the penny separator)
- Kathleen likes to name the coins
... and I took $202.50 of rolled coins to the bank today, and we aren't done. We did save the give-up which I will gladly spend somehow!
2 comments:
OMG, we have coin banks out the wazoo around here lately. Tyson has a big ceramic pig that is almost full and then my in-laws brought over an old wooden cat bank that dh's grandpa made him when he was little and he puts money in it now too. Then we have a little car bank that he's been putting change in as well. It is full and the key is missing so I don't know how we'll ever get that money out! I am sure there is several hundred dollars between the 3 banks. I am terrifid of Ryan getting a hold of a coin one of these days and try to put the banks out of reach of either boy. I told him we would clean them out one day soon and take them to the bank to be depsosited in his savings account. Our bank counts it for us without us having to wrap it.
My husband always comes home with useless things when he goes to Sam's Club. One time he bought an entire Hair Cutting/Trimming barbershop type set. I asked him if he planned on switching careers. He just laughed. It has yet to be opened.
Post a Comment