August 21, 2007

Bachelors

Hey dear Deckie - when you are a bit older, you too will be included in all the fun and games of any potential solo vaction. However, I have to admit, life without a 19 month old is relatively simple. Kathleen and Andrew might be a tad bored at Mimi & Poppi's house and a bit more confused about the rules of play in an adult only home but they are having a wonderful time. Sean continues to morph into a very very relaxed little man. He sleeps very well and hardly gets himself worked into a frenzy.

Deck-Deck, you would be raising hell around here. Between your intense curiosity and 'bull in the china shop' demeanour, you would have wrecked this house and likely caused a blood-pressure overload for your grandfather. You are well loved my little man but 19 month old babes are a lot of work.

Your dad says you are having a wonderful time as a pair of bachelor boys. The broken bottle of $14 marinade at the cheese shop was unfortunate but I hear you had lots of fun. Daddy has also shared that you are a loud little guy when left alone by your sometimes mean older siblings - knock-knock jokes, Daddy and yucky seem to be the words of the week. I hope you don't mind that you will lose control of the train table next week.

I went shopping at the local mall with my trio this morning - it was relaxing, no sprints down the aisles, no items broken, no poopy diapers. Deck, you will grow out of this very soon, just in time for Sean to be 19 months old.

2 comments:

Jana said...

LOL at "The broken bottle of $14 marinade at the cheese shop was unfortunate but I hear you had lots of fun."

Ryan is still only walking half-heartedly but Katy bar the door when he gets it all figured out! You have a great attitude about raising 4 and all of the stages.

I love the pics of you and the fam on the boat. I need to upload mine, they look very similar. Sean is Kate's mini-me boy version and don't you just love dressing your boys in matching shirts? I went crazy at Gap the other day and got them a pile of matching tees and sandals.

Undomestic said...

Oh how true. My 20 month old is now doing all those things that my 3 year old used to do to send me over the edge. Today, she threw a whole basket of folded clothes over the banister.