Well no - but it was fun. We took the troupe to the golf course for dinner tonight - a beautiful evening on the patio overlooking the eighteenth fairway. The sun set in the distance, the trees and the green horizon so beautiful. The kiddos were awesome. Andrew asked the waiter as soon as we arrived whether they had chicken nuggets and was pleased as punch to hear that was on the menu. Jim and I had the lobster - it was a lobster special today. Kathleen had to learn about the anatomy of the lobster but didn't appreciate her small nibble. Deckie was just so keen on escaping us - he found every set of stairs and would take off as soon as we let down our guard. He also found the automatic doors to be truly baffling. Sean was a great little baby - but I do have to do something about his hair, it stands straight up!
It was such a fun evening. I barely spoke to my husband - either I was following Deckie, he was changing diapers, I was nursing Sean, he was chasing the kiddos around the putting green - but it was still so much fun. I even watched a few foxes frolic on the fairway.
It wasn't exactly relaxing but I wouldn't change it for a moment. An elderly lady made comments on the little gang - and she said hold this time precious, maybe it is busy but it will pass far too quickly. So true!
No comments:
Post a Comment