February 10, 2007

You've got mail

One of the main reasons I decided to start this blog was the hope that the public nature of the blog would encourage me to post stories about my family and my children on a regular basis. That when I am an old lady, with more time on my hands than I can imagine now, will read these posts and laugh at the wonderful memories of raising this lovely little brood. Thus, this next little post.

Kathleen and Andrew have discovered the absolutely intriguing and utterly amazing world of a printer. While they do see us using the computers at home and Kathleen uses one at school, I guess they had never been face-to-face with a printer. Kathleen and Jim were practicing their printing - Kathleen types out everyone's name on the computer screen, repeatedly. Jim decided that a printed version of her work would be a neat next step. What followed was an exuberhent child announcing to her younger sibling that the mail was arriving - and it was sending Kathleen all of her work. They still are both in awe of the thing and will deliver, page by page, all of its hard work. Unfortunately, Jim seems to be getting a lot of mixed-up print-outs!

You forget how the simplest, most common tools of our days can be such intriguing tools to a new set of eyes.

No comments: