February 27, 2007

Email from husband - February 28, 2002

What seems like a long time ago, my husband sent me daily emails each morning. I responded. It was our routine. We probably did it through until late 2003, just before the Andrew boy was born. I kept the emails (which have somehow been retained through three maternity leaves) on my work email. I read them every now and again - the memories of those early days flood back, how simple the days were before the kiddos (and how boring!).

Hello Wife!

Just got back from Baby Gap. Thursday is sale day.

I swear I felt an estrogen surge just walking into the place. I used my elbows to muscle my way in - the place was packed with pregnant female shoppers - and made my way to the newborn sales racks. Some pretty cool stuff! The socks are quite nice even. I was wondering if there is such thing as seasonal fashions for Stage 1 newborns.

I figure they don't get out too much for the first little while. A new offspring would wear the same clothes in May as in February. On the other hand, we don't want a little sweatbug. I figure basic attire for someone like KMM would be "loungewear" for at least the first couple of months and that she will be spending a great deal of time in the rack (post-1986).

I may need help carrying the stuff home.

I am looking forward to showing you the new wardrobe items tonight. We will need to accessorise the bodysuits with some additional pants or overalls. Some jeans would be nice. Or a jean skirt.

How did the rest of your appointment go? Are you glucose tolerant?

Talk to you later,
MML,

Jim

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Aw how sweet!!!!

Jana said...

That is so funny! What a great hubby! Mine wouldn't know where to begin with newborn clothing procurement but shops til he drops for Tyson's clothes now. He comes home with armloads of stuff for the kid and they go shopping together alot. We are getting back into shorts and tees weather here and I am glad to see that all of the stuff he bought last year is still fitting.