August 4, 2006

Please let me sleep!

The gosh darn alarm system and its little smoke detector thingys throughout the house won't stop beeping. Do they not understand that I haven't slept through the night in 7 months and the baby is sleeping peaceful in his own bed (I didn't say crib). Leave me alone.

The unsynchronized every-90-second beep from each of the units and the motherboard is getting a little annoying especially since it stops during daytime hours (and I forgot to deal with it 'yesterday'). I can't even figure out how to get the cover off to get to the batteries. These things are also hard-wired into the whole alarm system by three little wires so these units aren't just battery units I can remove and hide under the cushions for the night. I have tried every code in the book to no relief of the little beep.

...

I hear silence. Going back to bed.

No comments: