November 1, 2009

Moving on up!


My last baby is spending his first night in a 'big boy bed'. His crib lay empty, still assembled in his room in the event of any
night-time wandering. While he has been spending his afternoon naps in Deckie's big boy bed, we have never attempted a night-time adventure. His afternoon nap today in his new bed didn't yield great results (he started tipping over furniture), I am hoping he is sufficiently tired to think sleep.

Of course, any change requires a bit of logistical planning. We bought a new mattress a few weeks ago. Once Seanie is comfortably graduated to his new bed, we shall shift rooms and mattresses all around. Kate gets the new mattress (saving all the effort for the final shift). Andrew moves rooms to his own room. Deckie and Seanie become roommates. It seems incredible I will let the crib go, perhaps as early as a week Tuesday's garbage day. [The crib was a hand-me-down from an old boss. He and his wife would have bought the crib, a very good make, for their first child. The crib is now 19 years old. I don't think it is right to pass it along, or put it on Craiglist, even as a freebie.]

Somehow, I think I should take a picture. I am sure if I look through my inventory of kidlet pictures, I will not find a picture of each child in the crib. Hard to imagine, since it has been in constant use for the past, almost, seven and half years.

For the record, I never liked the colour - it was so not current, and rather ugly, but it served its purpose well.

1 comment:

AmyRobynne said...

I hope it's a smooth night for you!

Similarly, I put the high chair in the basement for the first time since the summer of 2004 yesterday. Our dining room corner looks so empty. Leo hasn't used it in a year, but the girl I nannied did. Now the boy I watch leaves before lunch so I don't need it.