We survived the candy fest of Halloween, all in all, quite well. The house was rather decently decorated thanks to Jayne and the kids. Jim bought a pumpkin earlier today. Kate designed the face, and I did the cutting. Everyone made it into the costumes. I made it around the block with four children, and didn't lose anyone for any part of the walk. The weather held despite earlier signs of a rather miserable evening. We had just enough candy to make it through the evening.
Seanie probably had the hardest time. We got away from few doors without me saying to the door attendant that 'Mickey is a little bit aggressive' as Seanie grabbed for candies, then had fits when I wouldn't open the candy at the house for him to sample. By the end of the long walk, I started to carry him. His costume was yet again my favourite - probably the fourth year running in this house (and its final run on one of my children).
I won't discredit the other costume. Kate was a pink witch. She had recovered sufficiently from her virus (aided by a good dose of Advil) to make the rounds. Andrew and Declan were both Star War type figures - a bit of argument whether Andrew is a Clone War dude or a stormtrooper (good guy vs the 'dark side'). We had a bit of a feast of candy when we returned from our walk. We stuck to the rule - once the bags are too heavy to carry, we head home. So, while we have a lot of candy, it is far from an insane amount of junk. Regardless, Andrew had his filled, stood up and said he thought he would throw up. Despite my yelling, he puked on the floor regardless (gosh, I hate puke). However, better on the hardwood floor then in your bed a few hours later.
All done for one more year. Curious to see if Andrew nibbles much candy tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment