I really don't have to guess. Despite Kate' s pleas for a baby sister for Christmas, there will be no more babies. I have obviously known for years (5 kids in a minivan, are you nuts?). Sean was the last hourah, but absolutely no more babies. With Seanie having migrated, somewhat, to his own big boy bed a few weeks ago, I finally got off my tail and dismantled the crib. We had left it assembled in Sean's room as a precaution. He has asked to sleep in the crib over the past few days, but otherwise, made a clean break. The assembled crib was too much for his small room to hold - single bed, low & long dresser and a crib.
We found the utensils, after a bit of a search. Between pre-dinner aperitifs and post-dinner drinks (aka a few glasses of wine), I dismantled the sucker. A few weeks ago, I had thought about finding a new home for the crib. It is in reasonable shape, and if we were to have another baby (which based on precedent, would be at least 6 months old by now) I would have no qualms with the continued use of the crib.
However, with the storkcraft crib issues this week, and the realization that this crib was actually 20 years old (I got it has a hand-me-down from an old boss whose first child is now university age - I just hadn't thought about it), it is time for the crib to find its way to the curb on garbage day next week.
I assumed I would be a bit more touched by this end. I have been consistently sending baby clothes to Goodwill (after three boys, the clothes are a bit rough around the edges so aren't valued) or to garbage. However, a crib, even a previously owned crib, seems more personal. It is something these awesome kidlets have used for seven and half years straight. Oddly enough, I went looking for a picture of the crib. I have very few. That is OK though - always hated the colour, but can't argue free.
So guess, it all over - crib, thanks for everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment