March 15, 2009

Spring, spring, spring

I love Spring - mainly it means winter is over, good bye snow pants. However, as I learned last weekend, hello rain boots.

Kate, Andrew and I took out the bikes for a spin this afternoon. I bought myself a new bike (a pseudo-Mother's Day present) last weekend. As an aside, I guess another sign of ageing is how uncomfortable bike seats can be. I will be amazed if I am able to walk to the subway tomorrow, at any measurable pace. We had a lot of fun just riding around and around the track at the local school. Andrew still "lost control of his bike" and ending up in the various mud puddles around the track. Kate showed tremendous advancement stopping her new (and rather too big) bike and keeping it upright; we will work on getting it going next weekend.

We did all this while the babes' slept. They, of course, don't sleep forever, and they also wanted to celebrate the arrival of spring. I think I have washed 3 coats, and about five pairs of pants over the past few days. Neither Seanie or Deckles have any dry shoes left - even the rain boots are soaked. However, all worry for nothing - the boys had fun.

Now, to ensure it is documented in my memory forever more - Seanie isn't holding a small rock that he found behind the garage which I thought he was going to throw in the remnants of the water puddle Jim swept away. He is actually holding an old piece of somewhat frozen, but very muddy bread he found somewhere behind the garage. I can only think it once belong to us, or one of our neighbours but was absconded by one of the many 'coons living in the hood. It was horrid & gross ... but I guess better than the idea that Sean came inside, had a wonderful warm bath, escaped proper supervision and was found playing in the cat litter with his Cars characters.

2 comments:

AmyRobynne said...

Leo filthified 4 pair of shoes and boots last Friday during a brief warm spell here, too. Tomorrow it should be warm enough to repeat. At least his sneakers looked great briefly after washing them.

Jen H. said...

Am cracking up at Seanie playing Cars in the cat litter.

Re: the painful bike seat. Go to a bike shop and get yourself a gel seat, which just fastens on top of your regular one. A world of difference!