March 7, 2009

A bit of spare time

This morning was spring activity registration for the City of Toronto. Typically, this process has been quite painful for me - it seems to take me hours to get onto the website, let alone register for my preferred programs. The city must have upgraded its networks because I was done just a few minutes after registration opened at 7am.

Andrew, Kate and Deckles are all registered for swimming on Wednesday evenings - three kids done swimming in 45 minutes, not bad at all. We have never done an evening activity so this will be an interesting approach. When I was a kid, I always went to swimming lessons in the evenings, typically in the dead of winter - so very dark, and cold. I don't think I had issues. We will need to revamp the evening dinner routine on Wednesday evenings. Deckles is so excited that he is going to swim lessons with the big kids. He and Andrew are in the same level - Andrew is probably more than ready for the next level as he made great progress last summer. However, I am sure Deckles and the teacher will appreciate having two brothers to make the transition easier.

Summer camp registration is the next activity. I mapped it all out a few days ago - art camp, sport camps, sport camps for girls and lots of outdoor swimming lessons. All the camps are local to our little community which will ensure not too much time will be spent in the car zooming from one corner of the city to the next. It will be an interesting planning affair once I have four kiddos in full time summer activities.

Warmer this weekend ... hoping for spring to stay. Can't wait to see the tulips peak through the dirt.

No comments: