May 3, 2007

Potty training +24 days

Well - I am shocked. The Andrew boy seems to be catching on to this potty thing quite niftily. I really thought he would be a stubborn little one (he is very set in his ways) but he isn't. He has gone two days from before 7am to after 8pm without any accidents (except during nap time ... we are modifying the approach tomorrow at school - I don't consider nap time true 'accidents'). He doesn't fight us at all when we ask him to go. At first it was a temper tantrum at every turn. We have even stopped most rewards (especially helpful since we ran out). He even wants to talk about it at day's end. Kathleen was so private about it all that we never discussed potty events.

The only slight downfall - he seems to think that potty training means a weekly trip to MacDonald's. He has also encourage his little friends to demand the same reward. Ooops!

No comments: