We hit 36 weeks yesterday. Since my earliest was 39 weeks, I think the full term concept of 37 weeks is (thankfully) a misnomer. I am determined to make it to at least the 11th of June (39 weeks, 2 days). Think that is realistic?
We are so far completely and totally unprepared for this baby. The rationale side keeps yelling to not worry, worst case the bin of clothes is clean, a few loads of baby laundry can only take but a few hours. The irrational side keeps highlighting the fact we don't have a name for the kid (Sean, Eamon, Conor, Kieran are in the running), the co-sleeper is still in its packaging, some of the cutest sleepers are lent out (there may be many many many more in the bin downstairs), I have spent maybe 30 minutes thinking about labour & delivery (au natural, so requires a bit more thought in my opinion than the epidural route), and we don't have back-up in place (and really not exactly sure who we will get - I do have 2 aunts how will come to our assistance) so our current back-up is a homebirth.
I guess most importantly ... I am simply exhausted. The cleaning lady went to Portugal for 5 weeks (back around the 6th, I hope). The house is a mess, the reno planning has been derailed by the neigbhours (and yes, we 'won' at committee but they can - and will - appeal), I have a lot of work at work, meal planning & grocery shopping has become a 'just-in-time' concept ...
to beat it all, Deckie is back to not sleeping during the day or at night.
Believe it or not, after all that - we are doing just fine. The older pair are being wonderful, helpful and kind (most of the time). Kathleen is a sweet little thing to be around (painted our nails today) and Andrew, when not throwing a tantrum (very common I have decided for this age), is an adorable little boy who asks for kisses and hugs at bedtime.
2 comments:
Good luck with the renos. My plan for June (I finish work on May 31) is to keep the little one at the dayhome while I finish all my projects (mostly painting and cleaning and sorting baby clothes) around the house. Then, hopefully, I can slow down a bit and enjoy being at home.
I really like your names- my newphew is Keiran, I like it a lot except I never remember if its an A or an E at the end. Also love Conor (but also taken in my family) If you are looking for an Irish name, some others we considered along the way were Caelon, Tiernan, Liam, Dylan, Finn, Padraic and Quinn.
Good luck in the natural birth. I dont know how you gals do it!
Post a Comment