April 10, 2007

Words of wisdom

from the little ones ...

Kathleen:
As I put on the finishing touches for work this morning (yes, I do wear make-up everyday - just not much of it), Kathleen gave my belly its good morning kiss. I always tell her to love the belly now as this is the last time this family will see a baby belly. She made motions of drawing a number in the air which I thought was a sideways 8 and mentioned that 8 babies in our family was completely out of the question. She looked at me sternly and replied 'not 8 babies, infinity babies.' Sorry babe - only 4.

Andrew:
While we don't watch too much adult television in this house, I do sometimes catch segments of various TLC programs. I always laugh at the TLC figurines commercials and finally tonight, I did seek out the site to see if you really could buy the things - you can (and, no I don't want one, just needed the phrase for this little story). We seem to live by one phrase in particular in this household - "When you're a mom, there is no 'rest room.'" Andrew gently reminded me, while accompanying me to the restroom at school, that my butt is larger than the toilet seat and that his butt is smaller than mine. Thank goodness his wonderful father is so much more sensitive and politically correct when making comments about my behind.

Declan:
"My momma" - his teachers say he repeats it several times a day. I will admit, however, that Deckie doesn't distinguish between Jim or I as momma - or perhaps even Kathleen. Nevertheless, I will take "my momma' any day.

1 comment:

cs said...

infinity!!! LOL!! that is hysterical... come on Ann, are you really done ;-)