November 18, 2006

An obsession with trains and Anna

I have mentioned this previously ... Andrew is obsessed with his trains. He is currently watching his weekly Thomas show on PBS, clinging to Jack - and skipped pancakes and syrup to watch it. He loves his trains.

Andrew has a big crush on one of his teachers, Anna. Anna and I have been talking about it for a few weeks as she is a common topic of discussion. Kathleen has always really liked her teachers but has never developed quite the attachment with her teachers as Andrew. The Anna obsession is unbelievable. He will run from me to go get a hug from Anna. Anna asks for a hug at the end of day, he will even stop playing with trains to give her a big hug and kiss. He is a very sweet affection boy.

Anna told me a little story when I picked him up yesterday. She had asked him earlier in the day whether he wanted to come play at her house. He thought for a moment, then asked 'Do you have a train table?' Later on in the day, she asked again. This time, he responded, 'No you come to my house, I have a train table.' Can't quite balance the train obsession against the attachment to Anna - but trains and Anna would be simply perfect.

1 comment:

mi said...

Now that's just good logic on his part!