At one point this week during circle time, Andrew and his 15 peers were asked how they felt that day. The teacher had wanted the children to use different words than the common 'happy' or 'sad' response. It didn't work out that well.
Of his peers, only three chose something other than 'happy', which is I guess much much better than have 13 children respond 'sad'. One child answered that she 'felt like dancing'. Another child chose not to answer at all. Andrew, as is typically his place, chose to be completely different and responded 'I am sometimes cranky at home.'
The teacher told me the whole story with quite the chuckle. This child never walks the easy path. Everything is a big more unique, and in his own space. This response certainly isn't anything different. My husband and I were discussing his little remark and don't remember inferring to Andrew that his behaviour was cranky. We certainly have used the word previously and Andrew certainly can be cranky. But, we are still not sure how he came up with that one out of the blue.
I have no concern in life that this child will be a little lamb in his flock.
No comments:
Post a Comment