October 31, 2006

Why the heck not?

I have a really hard time keeping secrets - especially when I have imposed the secret rule and it pretty much is my secret to keep. I have this burning desire to tell people. So far, my secret has been told to my parents, my siblings, my husband's siblings less one, my internet buddies, three teachers at daycare, one person at work, the pharmacist who asked if I wanted my birth control prescription filled, my doctor who joked (appropriately) about our discussion regarding birth control options not three weeks earlier and a complete stranger in the Sick Kids waiting room. I am not doing very well, especially since I was suppose to keep it hush hush for another 5 weeks. So here goes, might as well tell my blog (but please don't tell anyone else at work!), I find myself unexpectedly expecting.

Who knew this could happen ... again? Of course, I knew it could happen but I just didn't think it would happen to me. The odds were so against us. Without divulging too much (my husband just might make me edit my post), I have other priorities in life at the moment, namely sleeping or at least being quiet like a church mouse to keep the other mice in the house slumbering.

My calculation - June 16, 2007. I am hoping for June 17 - Father's Day. I saw a heartbeat last week and the babe measured perfectly.

Ooops!

6 comments:

cg said...

LoL Ann, I still giggle about you and had to pee on a stick yesterday myself as I am LATE! No second line though but no af either and my temps are staying up. June 16 is my bil's birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness oh my goodness oh my goodness! I wondered if you guys were thinking of another one back when you posted about going back to work and not being sure if work or no work or some work or whatever was the best fit for your family. But then I didn't think about it again so I was so surprised to read your post! Congratulations! Oh we must talk on the phone soon! Oh now I'm all teary-eyed.

Anonymous said...

Aha! I found it...the post entitled "September is Here". Was that a clue there at the end?

Anonymous said...

WOW! and DOUBLE WOW! (or should that be quadruple wow??!!) Congrats to you both. I don't know how you do it - but if anyone can handle 4(!) kids, it's you!! BTW - just read your note out to Marco, and he says I'm not to get any ideas and not to drink the water in your house when we next visit. LOL xx

mi said...

Wow! I'm so surprised! Well, actually, just feeling priveleged to not be surprised. Again, I am so happy for you. When other things make life stressful, focus on your 3 beautiful kids, and smile inwardly at this 4th one.

Amy said...

Wow! Congrats!! My brother just had his fourth (4 boys ages 6 and under) and I think they barely notice another one at this point :-) Best of luck!