Typically, this is an excellent bed time delay tatic for the preschool crowd. We have a lot of experience dealing with Kathleen's (new name still going strong!) endless questions. A few weeks ago, Andrew started his own, 'I have a question.' The only problem was you wait and wait (and wait) for Andrew to ask his question. He normally would lie in bed and simply say 'humm humm humm' and you never did get a question. Last week, I finally figured out his own spin on the 'Have a question' game. He comes up with the topic, diggers seem to be a common one, and YOU have to ask the question. What is Andrew's favorite digger colour? [Yellow] What is the name of the digger in the Thomas movie? [BTW, it is Jack]
When I finally figured it out last week, I couldn't help but laugh. The game is now well established but I seem to run out of questions about diggers. How many questions can you really ask about diggers?
4 comments:
That sounds like a great game! Our own little bug has been asking questions lately but, since she still doesn't have any intelligible words (other than "uh oh"!), they all come out as "ba ba ba ba?" with a strong emphasis on the last "ba". She will repeat them several times until you play along and pretend to answer. She has even been known to grasp my face in both hands to get my attention while she interrogates me!
P.S. I so enjoy checking your blog for updates. It's part of my morning ritual now that I'm back at work. Drink my coffee (I'm trying to keep it down to one a day) and catch up on your adventures!
Our evening game is pee pee, bath, jammies, story, tucking in, kiss goodnight, then "I have to go pee pee!" I like the question game better.
What a great way to get into your kids' heads! You'll learn so much about their interests playing that game.
Kian's only stall tactic is 'Mommy I want to hug you' and then he holds on as tight as he can hoping I won't leave. I end up saying 'Mommy has to potty, be right back' only I never come back lol. He will be asleep about a minute after I leave him.
Post a Comment