
Declan got his helmet on Tuesday. He has tolerated his new big noggin quite well. He complains a bit when it goes on his head but is otherwise happy as a can be (which hasn't been that happy this week). Until today, we haven't been too rigourous about the 3 hours on and 1 hour break, but starting today - we are going to be rigid to the rule! He slept with it on his head the entire night - and was only up once during that time. I thought that was progress ... both the length of time in the helmet and the almost continuous sleep.
Kathleen and Andrew helped with the stickers. I have a friend picking up some more stickers at a specialized scrapbook store this weekend (Halowe'en and Christmas!!!) so we should have fun over the next few months. Of note, the orthotist is aiming for him to be helmeted until he is 14 months old (as long as his head doesn't outgrow the helmet!)
1 comment:
Good job with the stickers! What a happy, smiley fellow you have there. I'm so glad he's adjusting well to the helmet.
Post a Comment